Tuesday, May 5, 2009

R.S.P.C.E. Appeal


Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Ears

Day after day, we are plagued with thousands of harrowing stories of abuse.
Sadly, instances of cruelty to ears are on the rise.
We are committed to stamping down on these horrific acts on innocent organs around the country, and we need your help.
Step by step, we can do our best to eradicate this behaviour.

So today, we are pleased to announce our first campaign:

Operation Vocoder

Current levels of Vocoder exploitation are threatening this rare and highly specialised organism with extinction. The Vocoder is a rare species, incompatible with urban life, and usually very dangerous to humans.
However, extinction of the Vocoder will potentially expose other members of the "Tastelessicum" family to abuse, thus threatening the rest of the auditory chain.
The only pure colony remaining in the wild is “So Ruff, So Tuff”. They interact extraordinarily well with humans, and recent hybrids of the species such as “Pop Champagne” are equally revered.
However, illegally poached mutant strains of Vocoder are not so friendly...

Recently, atrocious trafficking organisations such as T.Pain, Kanye West and Lady GaGa have been raking in millions by exploiting abused Vocoders, and we ask all of you to boycott their products.
Join us in our fight to protect auditory decency.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. While the sound has a lot in common with a vocoder, due to similar processing occurring in both effects, if you’re referring to Kanye, T-Pain, and blah blah (don’t feel like typing the name of that disappointing let-down. I had such high hopes for her but she’s just another pop artist), then you’re most likely referring to the misuse (abuse?) of Auto-tune. When set to a ridiculously high level, with a very rigid pitch quantization setting, it results in a somewhat robotic output, which foes indeed share some characteristics with the output of a vocoder.

    By the way I know this is like 11 years old, and you probably won’t even read this, but I wanted to say I am intrigued by your writing, and wish there was more! And I am kind of obsessed with the idea of meeting you (online or in real life). Don’t worry, I’m not a weirdo or stalker. Just love your style. I found your blog via a comment you made on someone else’s blog, regarding Maybach cars. By the way I did the same thing with TripAdvisor, and similar sites. I thought it was just me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also love the name (yours and the blog’s)

    ReplyDelete