Sunday, May 10, 2009

What's in a name?

I would like to share with you a fine selection of names, handpicked from the "Little Tikes" website. These names are all genuine, from photos submitted to the site for a competition.
Once I started looking, I simply couldn't stop!
So I have categorised the best into a guide on what NOT to name your child.

Welcome to Suburban Australia...

Brands:
Oakley, Levi, Harley, Amahni (the only thing sadder than naming your child after an “expensive” brand is to spell it in a bizarre way)

Names that ensure your daughter will become a stripper:
Velvet, Vienna, Magenta, Harmoni, Charli, Charlee, Vyolett, and BEST of all... Hunnie-Joy (this is no joke)

Former presidents of the United States:
Kennedy, Lincoln, Lincon (I know…), Linkin, Carter, Kartah

Any names that sound like this:
Kaiden Jayden Jaiden Jaidan Caiden Jaydon Jaden Caden Aydan Kadin Kadyn Kaydn Brayden Zayden Kayden, Braydon

Or this:
Caelan Talen Rhylan Kaelen Jaelin Jaylen Jailen Kaylin Taylen

Beverages:
Brandi, Bailey, Bailie, Bayli

Inanimate objects:
Blade, Diesel, Jet, Chevy

Living creatures:
Phoenix, Griffin, Marlin

Places:
Mali, Dallas, Orlando, Dakota, Mackai, Vienna, Brooklin

Drunken-text-message style:
Anddi, Elaa, Loklann, Tiaan, Jakk, Maddelynn

Made up names:
Tane, Jayda, Mostyn, Zarli, Maylayla (!!!), Jory, Javier, Kaizac, Kaidayn, Jayla, Braith

Crap spellings:
Jaymz, Jakk, Jakeb, Jordin, Kloe, Madelen, Jaxon, Tayla, Caeley, Jianni (“j” isn’t in the Italian alphabet, nice try anyway Shazza), Rhilea, Rhylee, Tahj, Mikenzee, Kyzer, Harmoni

Personal favourites:
Tiarna-Aaliyah, T’Jae

**PLEASE NOTE: ALL SPELLINGS ARE ACCURATE**

No comments:

Post a Comment